At the Centre for Foetal and Gynecological Diagnostics, we supplemented the overall composition of care for the female population in 2015 with a newly opened outpatient clinics gynecology department for children. Thanks to the expansion of our expert team of personnel and high-end modern diagnostic equipment, we perform comprehensive diagnosis and therapy for children's gynecological diseases in the individual ontogenetic stages of a girl’s lifetime (from infancy to pubertal and adolescent age).
From the moment of birth, care must be given to the reproductive organs of young children, especially girls. Defects in the development and function of female organs may already occur from a young age. Children's gynecology is, in particular, a preventive field which aims to ensure the proper maternal role of women in the future and to prevent possible problems with fertility. Therefore, every mother should be interested in the health of her daughter without any distractions, so that we can avoid serious health problems that could threaten the future fertility and the overall health of the future woman. Already at the age of 15, every girl should have a regular annual gynecological consultation, as well as gynecological screening. Scheduled examinations of young girls are conducted in our outpatient clinic, separated from the adult gynecological section.
- if menses does not appear in a girl by the age of 15
- if there are no signs of adolescence at the age of 13 (breast enlargement, pubic hair growth, stopped growth)
- if before the age of 8, puberty begins prematurely (early growth of pubic hair, breast enlargement)
- if a girl experiences irregular menstrual bleeding and lower abdominal pain
- vaginal secretions, problems with urinating and repeated urinary tract infection
- abnormal changes in external genitalia (e.g. labial adhesion)
- genital injuries and suspicion of alien objects in the vagina
- if you are considering vaccination against HPV virus causing cervical cancer (from 9 years old)
- if you are planning preventative gynecological examination of your daughter in order to detect deviations in the development of puberty and other possible disorders
- management of hormonal and other treatments
- menstrual cycle regulation
- management and therapy in case of the usage of contraception (Birth Control)
- painless semirigid vaginoscopy
- determination of microbiological image of the vagina and functional cytology with a digital microscope
- treatment of injuries to external genitalia and gentle extraction of alien objects from the vagina
- 3D/4D ultrasound diagnostics of genital and developmental gynecological malignancies
- congenital development disorders of the genitalia and gonads with their exact diagnostic classification
- malignant and benign ovarian and genital tumours
- chronic pelvic pain and endometriosis
- irregularly absent menstrual cycle, hormonal disorders and polycystic ovary syndrome
- early and late development of puberty
- acute conditions of childhood gynecology and genital trauma
- sexually transmitted diseases in childhood and infectious diseases of the genital tract and external genitalia with skin abnormalities
- vaccination against cervical cancer
- preventative gynecological examinations of girls 15 years of age
- the issue of intimate hygiene of teenage girls
- planned parenthood and contraceptive issues in adolescent girls
- an interdisciplinary approach to tackling various disease states and psychopathologies
We perform both basic and complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. In particular, painless semi-rigid vaginoscopy and hysteroscopy with the HOPKINS genome lens imaging system, 3D/4D USG imaging examinations with an expert ultrasound, as well as the determination of the microbiological image of the vagina and functional cytology by means of digital microscope.
Vaginoscopy is the examination of the vagina using a thin tube, which in no way harms the hymen. An ambulatory semi-rigid hysteroscopy with an external diameter of 2.9 to 5 mm is able to detect very early changes not only in inflammation, but also changes in the uterine cervix, tumour findings and developmental abnormalities of the genitalia. The examination is conducted through the semi-rigid vaginal hysteroscope directly into the vagina without the need for tools such as pediatric gynecological mirrors or cervix dilatation gripping, which are a common cause of pain and complications. We use the vaginoscopy approach to reduce the painful symptoms associated with the examination when we are able to provide a detailed endoscopic visualization, in addition to vaginal walls, exocervix for exact diagnostic description and mini-invasive bioptic-cytological solutions.
3D/4D expert ultrasound is performed most often through the abdominal wall. It is therefore necessary for the patient to drink water before the examination and thus filled the bladder. Sometimes, however, it is important for the exactness of the examination, after an individual consultation, to carry out USG examination through the rectum.
Female genital anomalies and congenital malformations of the uterus are frequent deviations from normal anatomy with an estimated prevalence of 4-8% in the normal population. Their unidentified occurrence is often associated with various health complications, such as variety of menstrual problems, and in reproductive periods subfertility, infertility, preterm pregnancies, premature birth, and inadequate contraception during childbirth. Last but not least, we perform expert oncogynecological ultrasound diagnostics of tumours of the reproductive organs, especially from gonad germ cells, which make up 4 to 5% of all malignant tumours in childhood and adolescence.
The microbiological image of the vagina and functional cytology by means of a digital fluorescence microscope consists in examining the cells removed from the vagina and the vaginal entry by means of a thin brush, which is then stained and evaluated under a microscope. This enables us to immediately determine the correct choice of medicines for the treatment of vaginal inflammation and an irregular cycle. Therefore, we do not have to wait a few days for the results of the laboratory examinations.